Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Short but Sweet Spring Break

Last year our ward started a tradition to do a trip for any girls that have recieved their Young Women Regonition award like they do for the Scouts that recieve their eagle. Jadyn went last year and Jorrin saw how much fun she had so she worked really hard and recieved hers in Oct. and has been waiting for this trip ever since. During spring break they finally went to Disneyland. There were five girls and 3 leaders that went and had a really fun time together.
Jorrin and the other girls on splash mountain.

Jorrin and her best friend Jamie with their "bug eyes" waiting to see the Bug's Life show.

Whitney's boys came to stay overnight with us and had a great time. About 15 minutes after they got here I couldn't hear any noise so I looked out my window to see where they were. This is what I saw 4 little specks on the mountain. THey didn't waste anytime.

They played for about an hour on the mountain and then decided to come back.

We went over to the new park by Coral Cliffs Elementary for a little while.
Jantzyn and Bryton on the teeter-totter.

All the kids spinning on the wheel. Shortly after this we left everyone's tummies hurt. Too much spinning.

Jaicelyn probably had the funnest spring break of all. She got to get 2 cavities filled. She had been dreading it all week.

She tried to smile but as you can see she is still scared.

After she was all done and was so brave. I took her to target to pick out a prize. After about 1/2 hour of trying to choose between a barbie or nails she finally decided on the nails. She also realized that shots weren't as bad as she thought they would be.

Jadyn was my helper all week. She watched the kids for me while I had to work and in between helping she spent every minute she could with her friends. She had a couple sleep overs, read a book, and just relaxed.

My favorite part of spring break was FREE FRAZZLE FRIDAY! I love those things!!! And so do my girls.

Taking a sunday drive.

Game night over at my sister-in-laws. Jaice, Sadie, and Kassy doing some mean Kareokee.

Playing games, with treats...we were supposed to bring what we had around the house so we brought our last 6 snikerdoodles (Jorrin made them for the first time) and 2 bags of popcorn. My brother-in-law made fun of us. But they were a big hit. We also had Stacy's yummy brownies and a relish tray that went fast.

The little kids had their own version of game night. They would get a game out play it for a minute and move on to another game. Dominoes was first of about 3 games they decided to start.

Spring break seems like it went so fast this year. I enjoy having my kids at home and a break from the busyness of everyday life. I think for the first time in a long time they were ready to go back to school before I was ready to have them gone. Wierd how life seems to have different priorities the older you get.



3 comments:

shayla said...

It looks like your girls had a great spring break! I loved the pictures of the kids playing on the mountain. Brings back memories, I used to love playing on that mountain when I was a kid.

Five Girls And A Guy said...

Yeah, that was back when it would take all day to get to the top. Now you can drive most of the way and be to the top with a five minute hike.

Austin and Marianne said...

I'm glad your reading my Hunger Games Jadyn.