Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Jadyn's 16th B-day

We started off Jadyn's B-day by driving over to the Driver's License Division and getting her license. Then i dropped her off at school. Terry had called her on Mon. and offically asked her out on her first date. A lunch date so he picked her up at 11:00 and gave her his gift which was a basket filled with driving necessities such as: sunglasses, keys and keychain, gum, and of course gas money. She picked to eat at Subway and go to Perks for a smoothie

Jadyn so proud of that license and the fact she missed -0 in the driving test. The lady at the Driver's Licesne place told me to have it framed, that it was only the 2nd time she had seen that since she had been working there. We failed to tell her that Jay drove with one of her coachs.
Jadyn and her 1st date at lunch
enjoying her smoothie.
That night we did a impromtu surprise open house for Jay. I had remembered a while back she had said it would be fun to have a surprise party. But i had decided to get her a prom dress for her b-day instead. Two nights before Terry and I talked and decided we could handle a low key open house so we hurried and put it together and texted a couple of her friends to let everyone know, and we actually even had a few friends show up. We took Jadyn to dinner at Cafe Rio and told her we were coming home to have cupcakes and open gifts as a family. Tavin and all his friends were the first to arrive so I told her surprise your going to have a lot more people stopping by tonight, got out the icecream cake she wanted and i had told her i didn't have money to get and started partying.


at about 9:30 some of the kids decided to ride wiggle cars down the hill. I told them to stop after 10 but i think it was 10:30 before they finally got yelled at by our neighbor and stopped.

At about 10:15 we finally pulled Jadyn inside to open gifts (jaice and jantzyn could barely keep their eyes open) Jadyn opening a picture of her prom dress. She got it a couple days later.
Showing her new levis we got on her shopping spree in Provo. I think she had a wonderful 16th b-day that I hope she will always remember.

1 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Birthday, Jadyn! I love that Terry took her out on her first date. What a great dad! I'm going to tell Corbin about that. Remind him when Addy gets older.