Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Team sleep over


The team had wanted to do a "bonding" sleep over together for a while and it all finally came together in February.  One of the parents had a cabin on the back side of zion in Ponderosa.  I was able to go so I volunteered to drive the girls up and stay over night with a couple other moms.  We decided instead of having to pay the fee to go through zion we would go the kanab way and so our little adventure began.  It was right before valentines and it was so fun listening to these girls talk about boys and how they got asked to be valentines.  It was especially fun to hear Jantzyn join in.  Although she did say they had no cute boys in her school...haha.  She did tell them she thought Chris Pratt was cute though.  I laughed the whole way to the cabin listening to them.  We arrived around 6:30 and the girls set up there sleeping area's,  one of the moms had gotten there early and made homemade cafe rio for the girls.  It was yummy!!!  Another fun part of this sleep over was usually these girls only eat healthy, and each one of them got to bring a treat to share with the other's.  It was hilarious watching them get to eat treats and seeing how the sugar affects them.  After dinner the girls played sardines in and around the cabin, while us moms and Montana just sat and visited.  Before we knew it, it was 1:00 am and we decided to get to bed.  I had taken the room downstairs and figured I would be far away from all the girls up two floors but little did I know this was there "story telling" area.  I think I finally got to sleep around 2:30 when they decided to head to bed.  And I was woken up at 8:00 from them laughing in the kitchen area.  Oh well, I knew going in I wouldn't do much sleeping.  Me and another mom made french toast, homemade buttermilk syrup (that tasted like Kneaders), and fresh fruit, it was also very yummy!  The girls spent the rest of the morning playing signs and then went on a quick hike to see the buffalo before we headed home at 1:00.  It again was non stop laughing trip home.  We went a different way with lots of rolling hills on the road and very cool red sand dunes.  I enjoyed being able to go with them.  And it was fun to see these girls hang out together off the field and see how close they really are.  I am so glad Jantzyn has been on this team and made life long friends from all over town.  

Eating dinner!


playing signs for at least 3 hours.



They always have to do a silly one..haha

the girls each doing their sign.

0 comments: