I know Valentines is a made up holiday...but it's one of my favorites. I love getting to take a day each year and getting to show the ones I love how much I love them with a little something. Each year I write a card to each of my kids and Terry and leave it along with a little gift. I love doing it and the kids love getting it. I hope they keep the tradition up with their families someday.
This year Terry desperately needed some new sunglasses (he breaks or loses his at least every other month). I found a really nice pair for him this year, hopefully they will last a little while. I venmoed Jorrin some money and she used it towards her valentines outfit and send her a card with some candy in the mail. I found Jaice a really cute lamp that will match the house colors shes wanting and a cute candle to go along with it. Jantzyn is loving making beaded chokers, bracelets, and anklets so I got her some supplies to make more. Jadyn is decorating her home and I found a cute set of topiary balls for her kitchen table. Jake is my easy one actually I got him a gift card to panda and crumble. And since Tim is 5,500 miles away I wrote on his card and texted him a picture of it. Tim had venmoed Terry $100 to get Jaice something. So I headed to target to get her practical, along with fun stuff. Instead of flowers I got her a cute plant for her house and got her the set of dishes, bowls and cups she had liked. I also found a cute bear and necklace she wanted and a chocolate covered strawberry. And the one thing she had told Tim she wanted blue raspberry frooties. And made a cute card from Tim (that he wrote himself) to go with it. She loved it. Then on Valentines morning Tim had texted me telling me he had tried to send her balloons and stuff to her hair school but wasn't sure it worked. I told him not to worry about it since he had already given her so much! But around 2:00 Jaice sent me a picture of the haul he had sent. he must of spent another hundred on all the stuff. She was was spoiled rotten this Valentine's and she loved it.
I had to work on Valentines day and Terry brought me lunch from Durango's, my favorite. He knows how to get to my heart!
This is the only picture I got of Jantzyn's tournament. This is the semi final game that we ended up losing in a shoot out. Terry and I were so sick the whole weekend with some type of a cold/flu bug that I barely made it out of the car to watch the games. I was surprised to see I had even taken this picture.
Jorrin was so excited for Valentines this year having a boyfriend and getting to do something special for him. Bridger had been wanting a tent and she found a really nice one for pretty cheap. She also got him a fun smores maker and some shoes he'd been wanting. She decorated the tent and set it up at his parents house. Bridger had taken her to dinner. (Side note to the story Jordyn had been up all night with the stomach flu and Jorrin had been helping her.) After dinner they headed to his parent's to watch a movie (in the tent that he didn't know about yet) as soon as they got their Jorrin felt the flu hit her. Bridger had just given her all her very cute and thoughtful gives when she had him hurry and drive her home. She was so sick the rest of the night but Bridger stayed with her most of the night. Until he didn't feel good and got the flu himself. It was such a let down to the fun night Jor had planned. But they did get to do it later that week. Life loves to through us curve balls.
0 comments:
Post a Comment