Terry had been wanting to go camping all summer but we were too busy and it was too hot. So we decided since we weren't going to Delta any more that we would go camping in Pine Valley over Labor Day weekend. We were even able to have all the girls with us. I was a little apprehensive about it since it's been a long time since I have gone camping and slept in a tent and done all the preparation that comes along with camping but we pulled it off and everyone had so much fun that they all want to do it again next year. I guess we have a new Labor day weekend tradition.
nice team work!
we had lots of yummy food: sat night we had, navajo tacos and scones with honey butter. Then on Sunday Terry made yummy dutch oven chicken and potatoes, and even a peach cobbler for dessert.
We had fun felaxing and enjoying each others company.
my favorite picture of the whole weekend!!!
Jantzyn even found a cute Caterpillar friend.
We took a walk around the reservoir.
we played an intense game of phase 10...
And had 2 fun nights playing "would you rather" and just laughing around the campfire.
we also made smores.
I love this family of mine more than anything and I know they don't understand it now, but someday they will realize how special and rare these times together are. I am so grateful for little get aways like these.
0 comments:
Post a Comment