Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Merriest Christmas on Earth-Day 1

Last year Jaicelyn's friend Ashley went to Disneyland the first week in December and had said it wasn't that busy.  Terry and I started thinking if we were going to be able to afford a Disneyland trip anytime soon we would have to use it as our Christmas.  And since she had said it wasn't so busy during that first week, we decided we could maybe pull it off.  I was also thinking that my parents hadn't been in 9 years and we weren't really able to give them anything for their 50th anniversary or my mom's retirement.  So we decided we would ask them if they would like to come for a couple days with us. We figured out how we would tell the girls (see previous post) and talked to Jadyn, Jake and Jorrin to see if they would be okay taking that much time off.  Everything fell into place and we booked the trip in October.  Then the fun planning part started.  Since I knew this was going to be our Christmas I started to look around for fun gifts to give everyone each day while we were there.  I also knew I wanted to take a little tree to make it feel more Christmasy.  So I started checking out different websites and deciding what I wanted to do.  Sometime it was so hard not to tell them but we knew if we told anyone it would be even harder so we kept it quiet from everyone.  There were a couple of times I thought we had blown it but the girls didn't seem to catch on (I think going in the middle of school helped to throw them off, since they know we don't like them to miss).


Day 1-Tuesday
 Today's countdown present was a $50.00 Disney gift card for each of us to use on treats/souvenirs throughout the five days.


We had gotten in later than planned but were all so excited were still able to get to the park early. When we got in line for security we realized we didn't grab the tickets so Terry ran all the way back to the hotel and back to Disneyland and did it in record time. 

Loved all of the Christmas Decorations!

and that feeling you get walking under the tunnel for the first time each visit!

No line for pictures by the tree so we made that our first stop!






Such a beautiful Castle!!! We couldn't get enough of how pretty it looked all decorated for Christmas!

 

Our first Ride...




Peter Pan!



I love eveything about Disneyland!  It was so fun to see all the characters out and interacting with everyone!
How many can fit into a teacup?

We knew the Holiday Small World ride could get up to a three hour wait so we decided to get on it early in the day.  We loved it!!














Our first of many picture ops.






Our first coaster of the day was Space Mountain.  I don't know why I was thinking I could go on it and not get sick.  I was literally holding things in and was so happy to get off that ride.
Terry and the "Single Rider Ghost"

Everyone else loved it!!


I didn't think I could handle another coaster so I sat out Matterhorn this time and just took pictures.






We're just a little mad!


Jadyn has a thing for Gaston.


On to Adventureland!  I loved how even though they didn't do the Jingle Cruise this year they still had the ride que all festive for the season!





New Orleans Square was all decked out too!!
Next ride... one of our favorites!


And another favorite.  I still wasn't feeling up to riding so I was the picture taker again.



my favorite video of the trip (what would we do without our entertaining Jaice)





I loved how we were able to sit on the chairs and just enjoy our trip on the Mark Twain to look at the new River's of America.

Terry had heard of a pizza place that wasn't to far from Disneyland and read it was good and decently priced so we headed there and he was right!  It was so good!  We got 4 pizza's a family size salad and a family size bread sticks w/ sauce and 4 drinks for around $34.  The pizza was made fresh with healthy yummy ingredients.  Everyone loved it and it will definitely be on our usual eating place list.  (I swear I took a picture but can't find it in any of our pictures)



Heading back in after lunch!  I love the decor on Main Street!




Our first stop was Haunted Mansion Holiday.  We had fast passes since it's always such a long wait for the Holiday.
Even Splash Mountain was dressed up with a Christmas tree!
So glad we packed ponchos.  They got used everyday!

Pooh's hunny tree.
I loved each character's Christmas decoration's around Pooh Corner.  
Rabbits tree.






Jake was sooo excited to use some of his gift card on his white chocolate raspberry cookie!

This night was really the only night that it got cold enough to bundle up.  But we were prepared so we could stay until closing!


We had seen this on one of our vlogger's channels and couldn't wait to show Jadyn.  She loved it!

Just a bunch of Monkeys!  Jake had never been on Casey Jr. and he really liked it!!


This part of the park is also one of my favorites with it's Christmas lights and decor (what isn't right?).



A short stop in toon town before heading to other places. Jantzyn is in the picture somewhere she was bending over right when I took the picture! haha!
On the "secret path" they had parked the Colombia so close to it that we decided to get a rare picture in front of it.
We had also found out about this arch way that used to be a tunnel.





The girls had fun picture taking in front of the Castle after it was all lit up for the night.

Heading out after our first fun day.  We were all exhausted but so happy we still had 4 more days!

Again loving the lights!!!


0 comments: