Tim was leaving Tues morning for boot camp. So we decided since we would be home Monday we would do a Dutch oven dinner (he'd never had one) and then watch the Stanley Cup (he loves hockey). for his last day with us and as a civilian. We had such a fun day together as a family!
So about Tim... He was meant to be in our lives. Back at the end of march one of Jaicelyn's friends from school worked with Tim and had put his picture on snap chat with a thing saying if you want to go on a double date with her friend (ryan) his girlfriend and then Tim (who was in the picture), swipe up. So Jaice thought wow he's cute sure why not. Little did she know what she was getting herself into. haha. From that blind date on they were inseparable. She kept talking about him and told me everything about him that she had learned. He had come from Jerseyville, Il in November to live with his sister and have a new start. He comes from a hard background. He was leaving for the Army on May 30th. And that he was catholic. I think she was a little nervous to tell me he wasn't a member but I think I handled it pretty well and used it as a teaching moment with her and that she saw how lucky she was to be raised in a home with love and the gospel and how important it is. On April 4th she had a game and asked if Tim could sit with us. When we got there he came right over sat next to Terry and I and we talked the entire game. He was very open about his life and we learned so much about him just from that game. From that moment on he was part of the family. He came over and ate with us every sunday, and even came to church with us a couple of times. He even ended up staying with us a couple days before he left. He told me about his mom, why he joined the army and took the job he did in the Army, and so many other things. It was so weird how fast I came to love him! I don't think I have ever been that attached to any of Jaice's or other girls friends. He was meant to find our family!! And to know that someone out there loves him and he has a reason for being here. He absolutely loves Jake (he needs a good role model) and was so worried Terry wouldn't like him (which Terry loves him too). I can tell we mean something to him cause he always asks me if I will still love him if he does such and such. And I always tell him of course I will!! He had been interested in learning about the church Jaice believes so strongly in, and had started reading the BOM a little before he left. I don't know what will end up happening between those two but he knows that we are his family and that he will always be welcome here. We are planning on writing him at boot camp and he is planning on coming here for thanksgiving. He will always have a piece of my/our heart!!
On tues he had to stay over night in SLC before he flew out the next morning to his base in Oklahoma. Jaice, facetimed, snapchatted, texted, and dm on instagram all day with him. We also promised to keep him update on the Stanley cup (he loves the Knights) so we went up and watched the 2nd game and for him.
Jaice painted this awesome so so good picture of a memory of theirs with only q-tips, a pencil, and tole paint. I love it so much!!
Anyway they were face timing while she still had the paints out and this is what she ended up looking like!!! Except i didn't get a picture of her snake tattoo that said "don't steppy" that was supposed to be like tim's tattoo of a rattle snake that says don't tread on me (it's an army thing). It was so funny we were laughing so hard. This girl, you never know what she'll come up with.
This closer to the ways her looked when she drew it...haha!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment